Donald J. Trump had a pretty super Super Tuesday. He won more delegates than any other Republican contender and his lead has expanded considerably. Final results are still not in from all contests, but the model put together by The New York Times blog The Upshot has Trump picking up about 241 delegates, to 223 for Sen. Ted Cruz, 111 for Sen. Marco Rubio, 18 for Gov. John Kasich and just three for Dr. Ben Carson. Undeniably, Trump is the front-runner and his odds of nabbing enough delegates to claim the nomination are high…. (Read more at the R Street Institute Blog)
Could This Year’s Election Revive the First Branch?
- How does Trump’s budget propose to fi... — The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) lost $3.9 billion in 2018. The agency also failed to make a $6.9 billion payment to cover its retiree health and pension benefits. Mail volume is down more than 25 percent since 2008, leaving the postman with less revenue. So what does President Donald J. Trump propose to do to right the USPS’ ship? [...]
- Five charts show the grim financial c... — Last year, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) ran a deficit of $3.9 billion. Unfortunately, losses are the rule rather than the exception for the agency. All this red ink has flowed despite USPS’s aggressive move into the parcel delivery business. These five charts depict the immensity of USPS’s financial challenges. The Postal Service was designed [...]
- The big reforms in the Trump postal r... — Yesterday, the Trump administration unveiled its recommendations for reforming the ailing U.S. Postal Service (USPS). Due to plunging mail volume and rising costs, USPS lost $4 billion last year and has $130 billion in unfunded pension and health care obligations. The 74-page report was issued by the U.S. Treasury, which headed the Task Force on the United States Postal System. Secretary [...]
- Why I like voting by mail — It has been a few years since I queued up at a polling place, and I am the happier for it. Don’t get me wrong, I am a sucker for the pageantry: citizen volunteers man polling places; activists outside hand out flyers in hopes of swinging votes; I get a little sticker to wear proudly [...]
- Bring in the nerds: Reviving the Offi... — Read it [...]